WHO CAN APPLY?
The scholarship is open to emerging and mid-career artists living in Australia. Artists living in rural, remote and regional areas of Australia are encouraged to apply.
An emerging artist is defined as someone who is in the early years of their practice and has either never had a solo mosaic exhibition or had their first solo mosaic exhibition less than five years ago. A mid-career artist is defined as an artist who has created an independent body of work over a number of years and has had several solo exhibitions.
Applicants must be 18 years or older, and Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents.
WHAT CAN I APPLY FOR?
Professional skills development activities may include but are not limited to:
- Artistic research and experimentation
- Production of new work
- Residencies including-self directed ones
- Exhibiting work
- Documenting work
- Workshops, classes, one-to-one tuition
- Mentorships (planned program with a professional artist)
Learning experiences funded will be those provided by established, credible organisations and/or instructors.
Funding is not limited to mosaic-specific programs and may be granted to applicants wanting to improve their drawing and painting skills, or techniques of other visual arts disciplines to incorporate into their mosaic practice, for example, ceramics, sculpture.
HOW MUCH CAN I APPLY FOR?
A maximum of $4,000 will be awarded to one artist or group each year.
IS THERE A DEADLINE FOR COMPLETING AWARD FUNDED ACTIVITIES?
Professional development activities must be completed by 31 December 2021.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Award applications can be found here. You will need to fill out information about yourself, the professional development activity that you are applying for funds for and how this will help you achieve your goals as an artist. You will also need to provide a budget and a short paragraph that explains why you have chosen these images of your artwork to support your application.
You will also be asked to attach the following documents:
- Your CV (maximum of 1 page)
- Five high quality images of your artwork completed in the last three years that demonstrate your practice and indicate the direction you would like your practice to take. Group applications need to provide 10 high-quality images.
- Documentation providing evidence of the credibility of the course tutor, proposed mentor or organisation providing the professional development opportunity.
- Information about the collaboration/collective/team for group applications.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS CLOSE?
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 20 November 2020.
HOW WILL APPLICATIONS BE ASSESSED?
Applications will be assessed by a peer panel against the following criteria:
- Clear articulation of the benefit of the proposed project to the applicant's growth as a mosaic artist
- Quality of the work submitted to support the application
- Viability of the proposal including a comprehensive and realistic budget
WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF MY APPLICATION?
Applicants will be notified about the outcome of their application in late December 2020.
WHO DO I CONTACT TO DISCUSS MY APPLICATION?